The new school year is well and truly underway and I am a massive fan of finding things to make the morning routine easier.
The boys are feel bored with breakfast cereals and as the cooler morning set in the idea of having a more warming breakfast is a great idea. However the full english breakfast is too much faff as I still need to keep the morning on trick timings wise and not having much sleep the idea of getting up super early is not one that works for me.
These ham, egg and cheese brunch bakes can be eater hot or colder and can be prepped and left to cook while the routine carries on.
I also love this basic recipe as it could be used with so many other variations. We love chucking in bits we have left in the fridge to giving it a new take on omelettes. Other items that make it into our brunch bakes are spring onions, peppers finely chopped (only use a few or it will make the bakes too wet) You could also swap the ham for sausage or even bacon if you wanted too!
Now its your turn to have some stress free mornings ….
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups Monterey cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion,
- 20 chopped frozen hash browns
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a pan, combine ham and onions. Cook over medium heat until onions soften.
- Add hash browns to pan
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until hash browns are slightly browned.
- Combine ham mixture and eggs mixture in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9”x13” pan and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover pan and bake for an additional 25 minutes.