If you have been round here for a while you will know I am somewhat obsessed with cheesecake and my previous cheese cake you can find HERE.
It tends to feature heavily in my celebrations from family gatherings to birthdays and so with a new love of butterscotch I decided to have a go at one that included it!
Obviously you all know I am a lazy maker and ‘no bake’ cheesecake is my absolute favourite to make as it’s so quick and simple to make.
I have to say that last week my new inner baker was even more eager to get cracking with the arrival of my first ever kitchen aid! The Kenwood Chef Elite XL (KVL6100S) Kitchen Machine is the thing of dreams and it made making and whipping up the topping even easier than normal!
- 400g Cookies (I used chocolate chip digestives)
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 280g Caster Sugar
- 200g Whipping Cream
- 400g Milk Chocolate
- 400g Cream Cheese
- (I used squirty butterscotch syrup but you could use sauce if you wanted)
- Bash all the biscuits with a rolling pin (I popped them into a plastic freezer bag first)
- Add the smashed biscuits into a bowl and pop in the melted butter and a table spoon of the caster sugar and mix well.
- Next pour the ingredients into a spring formed cake tin (this will help when its time to take it out
- Push down the cookie base till firm and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Melt all the milk chocolate and allow to cool (but not solidify again)
- Next whip the cream into soft peaks and add in the cooled chocolate and stir it in well.
- In a second bowl put in the cream cheese and remaining caster sugar and beat them together to mix throughly.
- Then mix the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate and whipped cream mixture making sure everything is completely mixed
- Spoon out half the contents onto the top of the chilled biscuit base then I put a thin layer of butterscotch syrup and then put the remaining topping and level off before popping into the freezer for 1 hour and then refrigerating for a minimum of 40 minutes before serving.
- I added a squirt or two of butterscotch syrup and galaxy mini eggs but you really can decorate as you wish.