Well, lets be honest, chicken can be boring can’t it so this recipe is packed with flavour without the punch or the boredom and would make for a really easy teatime family meal and all the bonus of it being done in the slow cooker means after the prep you can get on with your day!
For me one of the biggest challenges is pleasing all the family and with Ollie being a massive spice and hot flavour lover and the kids and I liking tasty but mild flavours so we often come to an impasse on what to have for tea but this meal is super for my and the kids and Ollie can add in chilli in whatever strength he likes to make it hot!
So here it is the super tasty Poblano Pepper Salsa Lime Chicken
- 2-4 lbs of chicken
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 small jar of salsa
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese
- Pinch of seasoned salt (¼ each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder)
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker and season lightly with seasoned salt.
- Clean and cut peppers into long, slim slices and place in with chicken.
- Next, cut the lime in half and juice of both halves.
- Then, add the whole jar of salsa along with ⅓ cup of water.
- Place lid on top and seal.
- Cook the chicken on low and for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, place the slices of peppers on the chicken and add cheese.
- Place back into the slow cooker and put the lid back on for roughly 10 mins or until cheese is melted over peppers and chicken.
- Good served on its own or over rice