Food during the summer months is my favourite. I love the fruit filled recipes and flavours and since cake is one of my all time favourite there is nothing nicer than a fruit flavoured cake. Especially if if its super easy to make and look amazing!
This recipe takes the fruitiness to a whole new level as it includes strawberry jelly adding to the juicy fruity texture so if that is what you are looking for in a recipe, look no further!
- 1 Package of Cake Mix
- 1 Packet of Strawberry Jelly
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 a cup of Strawberry Juice ( I found canned strawberries in juice in the canned fruit section and drained the juice.)
- 1/2 a cup of Water
- 1 Tub of Pre-Made White Icing
- Green Sprinkles
- Fresh Strawberries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees before you start
- Make the strawberry jelly mix
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix and jelly mix.
- Add in all the eggs, oil, strawberry liquid, and water.
- Blend well with a hand mixer.
- This is a thick batter so you will need to bake on the bottom rack for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 225 degrees and move to top rack and bake in 10 minute intervals until baked through.
- Let it cool completely.
- Put icing on cake and add green sprinkles.
- Place fresh strawberries on top if desired.
However you are spending this summer I am sure this fruity cake would compliment your gathering, be it a teatime treat or a full on family BBQ.