When it comes to finding ways to update and renovate your current home, there are literally a ton of great options and it can become confusing with how to slimline what options will be right for your interior upgrade but it is possible to narrow them down.
Let me be the first to tell you…take a breath, and slow down. Home updates and renovating isn’t a race that you are competing in! When you make the decision to want to update your home, take your time and really make a solid plan on how you want to move forward. If you are looking for a few ideas on home updates that are so simple that anyone can do them, here are a few suggestions to help you get started!
Home Updates that Anyone Can Do!
- Change the wallpaper. Some days, you may be looking at that pattern that you loved a few years back and thinking…what in the world was I thinking? Don’t worry. The beauty of updating wallpaper? It’s not hard to do! The hardest part about it is removing the old and replacing with new. With a little bit of patience and some good old fashioned hard work, it’s possible to have new wallpaper in just a few days of hard work.
- Update your lighting. Another super easy way to update your home is to change those lights lights! It’s truly amazing how a different lighting can make a huge impact on the appearance of the room and can be super budget friendly if you are doing the upgrade on a tight budget.
- Add some tile or backsplash to your kitchen wall. It’s simply amazing the difference that a good-looking backsplash or tile upgrade can do to the overall appearance of your kitchen. Choose a colour that goes well with the rest of your kitchen, and have fun picking out a style that truly makes you love that area of your home.
- Paint the walls of your rooms. And if you are looking for one of the most simple home updates that you can do? Choose some paint and have fun! A coat or two of paint on your walls and it’ll change the overall look quite dramatically!
- Change the colour of your front door! Have you ever viewed a front door and loved the color that it was painted in? More than likely, it wasn’t purchased that way…the owner probably painted it themselves in a color that makes them happy. And just like that, a home update that gave their house instant curb appeal!
Home upgrades don’t need to break the bank or be a ton of extensive remodel work. Think about the problem areas in your home and ask yourself if you feel comfortable making simple steps to update certain areas of your home. Do your research, watch a few tutorials and then be confident in you and your abilities! After you update one area of your home, you’ll be hooked and excited to do more!