A short while ago I was challenged by Expedia to try the World On A Plate Challenge and to come up with a festive feast from another country and although it would have been obvious to come up with something involving turkey I decided since the festive time is a busy time trying a recipe that could be increased as needed might be the way forward.
To go with this meal I also created a French Apple Tart and Pommes Anna which you can read more about HERE.
Lets be honest unexpected visitors come as part of the deal at Christmas so hearty and warm meals that are super easy to make are a must and this is where this French Style Chicken With Peas And Bacon comes from.
- 1 pack of smoked back bacon
- 3-4 Chicken fillets
- 3 Garlic cloves (can be adjusted according to taste)
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 325ml of Stock (I use Chicken)
- 260g Frozen petit pois
- 1 Little gem lettuce (or you could replace the lettuce for rocket for a peppery taste)
- 3tbsp of creme fresh
- Dice up or shred the back bacon
- Fry the bacon in a large frying pan (dry fry) until cooked and golden
- Pop the bacon to one side and out of the pan
- Put diced chicken into frying pan and fry till golden brown
- Crush the garlic
- Chop up the spring onion
- Cook spring onion and garlic for a minute on low light
- Add in the stock and bacon and cover for 15 minutes and simmer
- Add in the peas and turn the heat back up under the pan
- Add in the lettuce and cook for another 4-5 minutes (until the lettuce and peas are soft)
- Stir in creme fresh