Stew is certainly one of my families for the autumn and winter months and lefts be honest stew can be as easy or as hard as you want to make it and lets be honest you guys know I am only interested in keeping things simple and this stew is certainly that.
The other bonus to stew is that you can use what ever cuts of beef you have in and also you can adapt the vegetables to what you have too or even change them if you have a super picky eater.
So here is a new family favourite for you here:
- 2 lbs of stew meat
- 4 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 stocks celery
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp of beef base
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp of season salt ( ¼ salt, ¼ pepper, ¼ garlic powder, ¼ onion powder)
- Peel and cut the carrots into bite sized pieces. Add to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cut the celery and add to the slow cooker with the carrots.
- Cut the potatoes and also add to the slow cooker.
- Dice the onion and add to your mix of vegetables.
- Add the meat.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Make 4 cups of beef stock and add to slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once done remove lid and serve immediately.
- Suitable for freezing