Let me just start by saying I love cake. And if you have been round this neck of the internet before you will know that honestly, any cake will do to satisfy that craving…but I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for a good classic Apple Cake, although adding in some extra ingredients to this already tasty classic only makes it even better.
I’ve searched high and low for cake recipes throughout my years to find one that I truly love, that is super simple to make baring and doesn’t challenge my amateur skills. However, I’m happy to report that I’ve found success with this awesome Apple Cake recipe.
Truth be told, there is nothing worse than eating cake that is dried out and lacking flavor. While we’ve all probably had that one bite of cake and questioned if continuing to eat it was truly “worth” the calories, I promise that this cake recipe won’t end that way for you.
The best part about this apple cake recipe? The steps are simple, and clear to follow and the end result is totally worth it. There is just something about the flavors of the apple and the pecans that truly set this cake apart from the rest. If you have an event coming up, or a party that you are hosting, give this Apple Cake recipe a try! It’s certain to be a hit after everyone takes that first bite. And if you want there to be any leftovers, you may want to make a second cake to keep at home for just you and your family, I know thats what I will be doing!
- 1 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 and a 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 package of Butterscotch Chips or Chunks
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- A couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of Apples (diced)
- 1 cup of Pecans nuts (chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar, flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Next, add in oil, butterscotch, eggs, vanilla, apples, and nuts.
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Spread evenly into the greased baking tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes on a lower rack
- After 20 mins move to top rack, reduce to 225 and bake an additional 20 minutes or until baked through