I am a massive fan of corned beef and over recent weeks I have been thinking of new ways to include it into some recipes above and beyond the norm of corned beef hash and corned beef pie I decided that after the success of Chicken Fajita Plait I created 18 months ago I decided to try to do a similar thing involving corned beef as it’s a staple in our cupboards.
Firstly I have to admit to going with ready to roll puff pastry as I wanted to make this recipe as simple and quick as possible, firstly down to being 8 months pregnant and secondly down to the fact I tend to be a lazy cook.
So please do feel free to make your own pastry if you feel inclined too!
- 340g Corned Beef
- 320g Puff Pastry
- 50g Frozen Petit Pois
- 60g Cubed Onions ( you could use fresh or frozen)
- 190g Cubed Potato
- 3tbsp Tomato Puree
- Dice/Cube onions
- Peel and dice potatoes
- Place frozen peas, diced potatoes and onion into a pan of boiling water and boil for around 5 minutes (till the potatoes are soft but not mushy)
- Cube the corned beef and place into a bowl
- Drain the pan into a sieve and allow to cool a little
- Take out the ready to roll pastry and spread tomato puree over it
- Empty the potatoes, onions and peas into the bowl with the corned beef and mix
- Tip out the mixture onto the middle of the pastry and then plait
- Place on baking paper on a tray and place into a preheated over ( 180 degrees c or gas mark 4) and cook for approx 40 or until golden brown.
- If you wanted to reduce the fat/calorie content you could use a small tin of corned beef instead of a large and increase the peas instead
Overall I have to say this dish was delicious and I loved the fact it can be slightly adapted, so for pea haters you could just remove!