I am not sure if its the weather or the fact I have new found love of savoury with a sweet taste but I have found over recent months I am loving sweet fruit flavours in meals and this recipe for Apple Pork Chops is no different.
Pork chops can be immensely boring and bland so finding a sweet tangy flavour to go with them can be a real meal breaker to ensure that every member of the household loves those classic meat cuts.
Being autumn apples are in abundance especially if you own your own tree in the garden so we have been trying new things and if like me you are wanting to try new flavours then this recipe just might be for you.
- • 2 large pork chops or 4 small ones
- • 2/3 fresh Apples
- • ¼ jar of apple butter
- • 3 tbsp of butter
- • 2 tbsp of packed brown sugar
- • 1 tsp of chili powder
- • ⅓ cup of whipping cream
- • Pinch of seasoned salt (equal parts ¼ each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder)
- Season both sides of each pork chop with your seasoned salt blend.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the pork chops and cook each side for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice and core each apple
- Using the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the apple slices and allow to cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in 1/4 of the jar of apple butter, brown sugar, and chili powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cream and continue to stir. Bring to a light boil.
- Add the pork chops to the bottom of the skillet and pour a spoonful of the apple butter mix on top while it cooks (about 3-4 minutes per side)
- Serve hot with the apple mixture spooned over the pork.
- You can also add in some chopped dried apricots or even addd in a side of potato wedges or even a jacket spud for a real belly busting autumnal family meal.